Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Cat And A Meese

Been a while, eh? Well, I've been busy. But now you got me for an entire week and a bit! And I'll have a present for you soon.

A Cat And A Meese
Short Story, 5279 words
Status: Past the third draft and being buffed and polished.
Description: Meese goes hunting Kitty, and something else hunts them. Sci-fi/fantasy.

Thaaaaaaaat's right! This little gem, formerly known as Kat and Meese, is mostly done. In fact, the entire thing is done except for a few things to hum and haw over in the description. It's been through a few critiques on http://www.scribophile.com/, and someone rated it 4/5. Sounds promising, right? Well, it's certainly got my hopes up. I read the story, and look at the http://www.tonyamoore.com/blog/2010/03/26/call-for-submissions-short-story-anthology/, and think: "Hey... this might just work."

In other news, Meese has hit a standstill due to my focus on A Cat And A Meese and an ill-timed schooling in mathematics (seriously, when is a good time for a math course?), but that will, if I have anything to do with it, change. I've also glanced back at Junkyard Unicorn's first draft, and it doesn't look so bad now. Also have ideas for a story about a shadow with a name, short story probably, and random stuff working up.

Also, for those of you not wanting to download A Cat And A Meese if it should be accepted into the Girls With Guns anthology, I will be posting it here, on my blog, as soon as I figure out how to pdf it and find a webhost to... host.. it.

Till next time,
Kelly, Kitty, and Meese.

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment