Wednesday, August 4, 2010

FREE STUFF

Now that I have your attention, here's just a quick note because I'm supposed to be studying for a math test that happens in, oh, 9ish hours.

Heh.

First off- work is going well, and I've got a preliminary timetable for Fall semester... 6 courses, but one of them I've got a head start on since it's Japanese and I took a little Japanese course in High School. And History is only on one night, so it's really like 5.25 courses. Both workplaces slow down in September, which is excellent. More time, yay! Sort of. Of course, then there's 5.25 courses at school. Tuesday night and Thursday morning have a school schedule such that neither job can fit in a shift, so I guess I'll take that time as "me" time. Or....

Time to finish writing There Must Be Something in the Water!!!

Yes, now I get on to that FREE headline.

There Must Be Something in the Water is, for those who haven't devotedly followed my space on the internets (don't blame you if you don't!), a FREE anthology of short stories that will be published on Smashwords and also made available for download on this blog. Somehow.

I've set a deadline for myself.... November. Nice and italicized for obvious importance. I can't ignore it now that I've italicized it!

I aim to have it around 40, 000 words.

Stories it will have in it:
- A Cat and a Meese
- A Different Kind of Magic
- Junkyard Unicorn
- Down Came the Moon

Stories it may have in it:
- Lacewing
- Wrong Bus
- Up Came the Sun
- She Stole My Heart

There are more stories, but I have to get back to studying.

Till next time! I'll leave you with a bit of Kitty, rough and unedited.

- - - -

She was distracting him, and not in the way he usually found women distracting. That wasn't to say she wasn't hot- she was. It’s just that the little ball of electricity she was building between her hands in the passenger’s seat made him a tad nervous, and he hated to admit it. He kept telling himself that, as a guardian, she must have mastered the element. Except, said a niggling little annoying thought, the trickster temple, on principle and, from what he knew of Kitty, by apparent birth, never was stable. She certainly flaunted that trait to the extreme.

The hairs on the back of his arms waved to the static.

“Kitty,” he said, and he gripped the wheel tighter when the light flickered.

“Yeah?”

“Put it out,” he said, and he hoped she wouldn’t think it an order.

“‘Kay,” she said.

He relaxed a little as the atmosphere changed, but then realized it’d just gotten brighter. He could hear it hiss. The colour faded from his knuckles when he heard a small giggle.

To his credit, he didn’t swerve when she threw it out the windshield.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment